- 2/3 cup Paleo Hoisin Sauce
- 3–4 green onions/scallions
- Small bunch of fresh coriander stalks
- 3 slices of orange
- 3–4 slices of fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper
- 3–4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 duck breasts, with skin
- Extra Chinese Five-spice powder, salt, pepper and coconut oil for cooking
For the pancakes
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Coconut oil or ghee for frying
- 5–6 pale stalks of the spring onions, sliced lengthways
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced into strips
- Put all the ingredients, except duck in a deep frying pan to boil. Simmer the heat to let the flavors infuse. Remove the heat and place the duck skin side down in the broth. Cover the lid for poaching the duck gently for 15 minutes. You can make a lot of juicy duck breast recipes in the same way.
- Prepare the hoisin sauce.
- For the pancakes, whisk the eggs with sesame oil, onion powder, and water for 30 seconds. Add flour and whisk until becomes frothy then add coconut flour and mix well.
- Heat coconut or macadamia oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add 1/4th or 1/5th of a cup of egg mix in the pan and swirl the pan around to make it like a thin crepe like pancake. Leave the pan on heat and cook for a minute until it turns golden brown. Flip the pancake and cook the other side. Remove the plate to keep it warm. Repeat the process to make as many pancakes you want to.
- For the duck, place the breast on the plate. Season it with the spices. Place the duck skin side down and turn the heat to medium for 12 to 15 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- After the duck turns golden brown, turn it over and cook its flesh side for 3 minutes on medium heat. Put it on a chopping board and let it cool down for 3 to 4 minutes. When you cook it, slice the extra ingredients and set the table. Slice and serve the duck. Roll the pancake halfway filled with a teaspoon of hoisin sauce, 3 pieces of duck, cucumber strips, onion strips and some chili.