When discussing about various types of different cuisines and tastes existing around the world, one can never ignore the most exotic and aromatic cuisine from Vietnam that is full of freshness of various herbs, spicey ingredients and fermented fish sauces.
Secrets of amazing Vietnamese cuisine
Even while passing through a Vietnamese restaurant at Firebird or any other place, you cannot miss the fragrance of fresh vegetables and herbs like mint, lemongrass, cilantro, garlic chives, green onions and scallions, dill and basil besides many more herbs and long-simmered beef bones, fish and other seafoods.
Vietnamese cuisine can easily be recognized from fermented pungent aroma of fish sauce, an inseparable component of Vietnamese meal.
When it comes to taste and awesome redolent of Vietnamese cuisine you will find it as a perfect balance of all major tastes such as sweet, sour, bitter, salty and tangy besides fermented taste, without any overlapping of each other.
The addition of fragrant spices like black pepper, Saigon cinnamon, ginger, galangal, turmeric and appropriate quantities of tamarind pulp to add tanginess in Vietnamese dishes.
Geographical effect on Vietnamese food
As a fact of matter, Vietnamese dishes are quite influenced by French, Chinese cuisines as well other neighboring countries. Vietnamese cuisine shows wide variation in taste and flavor of dishes due to its sharing borders with:
- China in North and hence food there is greatly influenced by China with is variety of noodle-based soups and stir-fries that are often less spicy than other regions and are balanced mix of sweet, salty, spicy, bitter or sour tastes.
- Cambodia, Laos and Thailand in the Western region of Vietnam and hence highly influenced by culinary style in neighboring countries and heavily based on flavors
- South China in the Eastern sectors having influence of Chinese cooking style.
- Southern Vietnam has a vast coast line. Southern Vietnamese cuisine is known for transformation in taste with spicy with sweetness due to liberal use and addition coconut milk and various fruits. When compared to northern dishes, southern ones are sweeter. The fertile Mekong delta in bottom of southern region is referred as “the rice bowl of the country”
Whereas, Vietnamese cuisine in Central region is famous for use of spices due to production and availability of spices in abundance there.
Despite number of variations in culinary styles, Vietnamese cuisine is most liked by food lovers due to the freshness, purity and aroma and they love to enjoy dining at genuine Vietnamese restaurants.
Those who are unable to come to Hanoi Hannah restaurant at Firebird can enjoy their choicest dishes through Vietnamese takeaway at Firebird
Never miss Vietnamese and take away dishes
All the Vietnamese dishes are not only incredibly mouth-watering but healthy too. However, some of the never miss Vietnamese dishes that can easily be termed as signature dishes are:
- Pho (Rice noodles flavorful soup)
- Banh Mi (French-Vietnamese Toasted Baguette Sandwich)
- Mi Quang (Turmeric Noodles)
- Bun Thit Nuong (Vermicelli Noodles with Grilled Pork)
- Goi Cuon (Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls)
- Com Tam (Broken Rice)
- Xoi Xeo (Sweet Sticky Rice)
- Ca Kho To (Caramelized Fish in Clay Pot)
- Banh Cuon (Rolled Cake)
- Banh Xeo (Crispy Pancake)
Customer oriented Vietnamese restaurant like Hanoi Hannah, can help you enjoy all authentic Vietnamese dishes through their facility of Vietnamese takeaway at Firebird.